Join us for a beautiful run/walk at the Quarry!

Our party starts at 8:15 am with the YMCA Warm-up, followed by a beautiful 5K through the naturally cooled trails of Quarry Park!

Families with 2-4 participants $10
5-8 participants $20
9-12 participants $30

Date:

Saturday, August 10th

Schedule:

The YMCA Warm-Up!
8:15 am 

1K "Little Rockers" Fun Run Presented by El-Jay Plumbing & Heating 
8:30 am

ATS Rock Your Sole Trail Run 5K/2 Mile
8:45 am

Cool Down - Finish Line Festival!
Beverages by Bernick's, food by Coborn's and of course the beautiful Quarry Park!

Register Now!

FAQs

ON THE COURSE

HOW FAR IS A 5K?

About 3.1 miles. There is also a 2 mile walk available.

WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FOR THIS TRAIL RUN?

The Quarry Park Trails are extremely well groomed trails. They are not overly technical and provide an excellent opportunity for safe running. However, PLEASE still watch your footing, as it is not pavement and there may be occasional uneven ground. It is a trail run after all! The trails are well shaded (don't forget to bring bug spray!) and the air is naturally cooled by the Quarries, providing an EXCELLENT feel for a summer run. The race will end at the #11 swimming quarry, where the Stearns County Park Systems have created a beautiful summer beach atmosphere. 

MAY I WALK THE 5K?

You may walk, skip, stroll, jog and run as long as you have a great time! However, we do ask that you start in a later heat if you will be walking. If walking, we encourage you to do the 2 mile walk. You DO NOT need to select which event you will be doing, as they start at the same time. You will simply turn at the 2 mile walk turning point on the course.

CAN WE SWIM AT THE FINISH LINE QUARRY?

Please note that the YMCA and Bernick's Family Fitness Series are hosting a RUNNING event, and we are not responsible or liable for swimming at this event. HOWEVER, The Stearns County Parks system DOES allow swimming. We encourage you to use this gorgeous park in any fashion outside of the run, including swimming at this quarry. If you decide to use the park outside of the run, the YMCA and Bernick's Family Fitness Series are not responsible for these activities and in turn, you must obey all park rules designated by the Stearns County Parks. By all means, enjoy the park outside of the event if you wish!

WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?

It is a warm weather event, so be sure to wear lighter clothing. If you register EARLY, you can score a FREE shirt that you can wear to the event! 

HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO PARTICIPATE?

All ages are welcome and encouraged to participate!

ARE KIDS ALLOWED?

Of course they are, it's Bernick's "FAMILY" Fitness Series!  

MAY I PARTICIPATE WITH A CHILD IN A STROLLER?

Yes. Please start at the back of the race where you’ll have more wiggle room. Inform your kids what to expect.

ARE WHEELCHAIRS ALLOWED?

Absolutely! 

MAY I ROLLERBLADE OR BIKE RIDE?

For this trail run, we do not permit biking or rollerblading. It is strictly a running/walking race. However, we highly encourage you to park at the Discovery School and Bike into the event as part of our "Mr. Twisty's Park and Ride." Park at the school, bike into the event, and Mr. Twisty will give you a free ice cream coupon for your efforts :)

MAY I RUN WITH MY FRIENDLY DOG?

Because we want to keep everyone and all pets safe, we discourage having pets accompany you on the course. However, if you feel that you can keep your pet safe without interrupting other participants, please use your best judgment. Thanks!

REGISTRATION 

MAY I REGISTER THE DAY OF THE EVENT?

You bet! However, we do encourage you to register in advance at scymca.org to avoid any delays or other concerns! *Please note that the free shirt is for early registration only.

WHEN AND WHERE DO I PICK UP MY PACKET?

We strongly encourage you to pick up your race packet at the St Cloud YMCA the day before the race, August 9, from 4-7pm. Please watch your email for race info the week before the race. 

DO YOU HAVE A RACE DAY PACKET PICK-UP?

Onsite registration opens one hour prior to the 1K Fun Run, presented by El Jay Plumbing and Heating.

MAY A FRIEND PICK UP MY RACE PACKET AND VICE VERSA?

Yes! Please make sure that your friend has your confirmation email (printed or via phone), or make sure they have their photo ID ready, so we can record their name in order to keep track of who picked up your packet. 

MAY I RUN THE RACE IF I AM NOT REGISTERED?

You may not. Everyone on the course must be registered for liability reasons. RACER BIBS MUST BE WORN in order to enter the race. Friends and family are invited to meet up on the sidelines and finish line to help cheer you on!

WHAT IF I REGISTERED AND CAN'T MAKE IT?

We are sorry, but the Bernick's Family Fitness Series is a non-profit series and refunds will not be issued.

WHAT IF IT RAINS OR SNOWS?

The Bernick's Family Fitness Series races are rain (or snow) or shine events! In the event of lightning, we would postpone the event by half hour increments. After a third lightning postponement, we would cancel the event for safety concerns. 

START & FINISH LINE FESTIVAL

WHAT MUST I BRING TO THE EVENT?

Bring your numbered race bib or email confirmation to pick up your bib, shirt and other goodies. Keep valuables at home or locked in vehicles. 

WHAT IS THE PARK AND RIDE OPTION?

As we encourage safe bike routes to our community, we highly encourage you and your families to park at the Discovery School (just down the road from the Quarry Park) and bike up the paved trail to the entrance. It will alleviate congestion, give you an EXCELLENT warm up, and of course support the efforts of safe routes in our community. We will have bike racks set up for you to chain your bike. As well, we will offer volunteer security at these racks. 

OTHER PARKING OPTIONS?

Parking will be available onsite at the Quarry Park. First come, first serve. Volunteers will direct cars to overflow parking on the street level or to other close lots, including Discovery Elementary School, once the Quarry lot is filled. There are paved walking trails and very wide shoulders, paired with minimal traffic in this area, allowing for an extremely safe route to the Quarry Park. Still, always look both ways when crossing roads, and stay off the road as much as possible. 

WHERE ARE THE RESTROOMS?

There will be portable restrooms available at our main event area. There are restrooms at the finish line quarry area as well.

WHAT IF I LOSE SOMETHING?

During the event, recovered items will be given to the MC from KCLD. Any remaining items will be taken to the YMCA front desk. Email evin.haukos@scymca.org if you lose something and want to pick it up at the YMCA.

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE RUN?

Enjoy the fun finish line festival with refreshments from Bernick's, snacks from Coborn's, prizes and hearty congratulations for your accomplishments.

Rock Your Sole 5K 2017 Photo Gallery

RockYouSole2017_Start2.jpgRockYouSole2017_Start.jpgRockYouSole2017_LiveMusic.jpgRockYouSole2017_LittleRockers.jpgRockYouSole2017_FinishLine.jpg