Gather Your Family & Friends and Give Thanks to Your Health!

Join Us for Central MN’s Premier 5k Event … Then Go Eat Your Pie!

Individual $5
Family $10*
*Family price limited to four participants - immediate family only. May add extra family members at additional cost.

Date:

Thursday, November 23rd (Thanksgiving Day)

Schedule:

Warm Up!
7:45am with KCLD

1k Kids Fun Run
8:00am Walk/Run

2mile/5k Start
8:15am Walk/Run

Cool Down - Finish Line Festival!
Beverages by Bernick's

Register Now!

Directions

2001 Stockinger Drive
St Cloud, MN 56303

Parking Map

parking-map.png

FAQs

On the Course

How far is a 5K?

About 3.1 miles.

May I walk the 5K?

You may walk, skip, stroll, jog, and run as long as you have a great time! However we do ask that you start in a later heat if you will be walking.

We also have 2 mile walk that starts at the same time as the 5k, you do not need to register separately, you simply need to decide between the 5k and 2 mile before the race starts.

What should I wear?

On November 23, the temperature in St Cloud, MN typically ranges from 27°F to 35°F and is rarely below 12°F or above 50°F, so please dress accordingly! If you register EARLY, You can score a FREE shirt that you can wear to the event! 

How old do I have to be to participate?

All ages are welcomed and encouraged to participate!

Are kids allowed?

Of course they are, thus the Bernick's "FAMILY" Fitness Series!

May I participate with child in stroller?

Yes! Please start at the back of the race where you’ll have more wiggle room. Inform your kids what to expect.

May I rollerblade or bike ride?

The Wishbone 5K course will be reserved for walkers, joggers, and runners please! (We do have an event for you in the summer, however!)

May I run with my friendly dog?

Because we want to keep everyone and all pets safe at this high attendance event, we strongly discourage having pets accompany you on the course. If you feel that you can keep your pet safe without interrupting other participants please use your best judgment. Thanks!

Start and Finish Line Festival

What must I bring to the Wishbone 5K?

Bring your numbered race bib or email confirmation to pick up your bib, shirt, and other goodies. Keep valuables at home.

What time does the event begin?

The Wishbone Kids 1K begins at 8am and the Wishbone 5K/2 Mile begins at 8:15 a.m.

The race will go off in heats every 2 minutes to help eliminate congestion, for example, heat 1 will take off at 8:20, heat 2 will take off at 8:22 (be sure to subtract 2 minutes from your clock time to get your actual race time if you are in heat 2)

We will have 5 heat. Please note, the fastest runners should place themselves in the earliest heats, where the walkers should be in heat 5. 

Where are the restrooms?

There are restrooms located inside of the St. Cloud Area Family YMCA as well as portable restrooms. There are no restrooms along the course.

What if I lose something?

Contact the YMCA at 320-253-2664.

What happens after the run?

Enjoy the fun finish line festival with refreshments from Bernick's, snacks from Coborn's, prizes, and hearty congratulations for your accomplishments!

Is childcare available during the run?

Yes! If your children do not want to run in the event, the Y has a Kid Zone childcare center available for the event (ages 6 weeks-11 years old.) Registration for the Kid Zone during Wishbone 5K will be open after November 3rd. Limited to 60 children, first come first serve registrations.

Registrations must be done in advance. Day of registrations will NOT be accepted! You will be able to register at the front desk at the YMCA, during packet pick up the day before the race, or by calling into the YMCA at (320) 253-2664 to register your kids. *Waiver form must be filled out!*. Click here to print your waiver.

Pricing: For members that have Kid Zone included in their membership, it will be free to register. For any Wishbone 5K runner (including individuals that are not members of the YMCA) it will be a $5 fee per child—money will go to support the Bernick’s Family Fitness Series.

Registration

May I register the day of the event?

You may, however early registration is recommended for the best participant experience!

When and where do I pick-up my packet?

Packet Pick Up will be at the New YMCA in the gym from 2pm-7pm on November 22, the day before the race. Please do your best to get your packet ahead of time! If for some reason you are unable to pick up your packet the day before, we will open a packet pickup the morning of, starting at 6:45am.

Do you have a race day packet pick-up?

We do, however we highly recommend packet pick up prior to race day. In emergency situations, we recommend participants arrive between 6:45am-7:30am for easy access. Onsite registration opens at 6:45 am. 

May a friend pick up my race packet and vice versa?

You may pick up packets for teammates, friends, colleagues, and family! Be sure to ask if they are registered as a family or individual.

May I run the race if I am not registered?

Only registered guests will be allowed on the Wishbone 5K course. Friends and family are welcome to meet up with participants at the finish line festival.

What if I register and can't make it?

We are sorry but the Wishbone 5K is a non-profit event and refunds will not be issued.

What if it rains or snows?

Wishbone 5K is a rain, snow, or shine event!

When is the Wishbone Kids 1K?

Registered kids (up to age 12) can participate in the Wishbone Kids 1K. Parents may accompany their children. Boys and girls receive high fives, cheers, and a commemorative medal at the finish line!

Wishbone 5K 2016 Photo Gallery

IMG_8436.JPGIMG_8381.JPGIMG_8364.JPGIMG_8339.JPGIMG_8337.JPGIMG_8302.JPGIMG_8286.JPG

Presented By:

feeling-good-mn.jpg