Regardless of the size of your business or service center, the options available for vending machines are largely dependent upon what you and the people you serve need. Given the changing landscape of the modern workplace, more casual and flexible considerations are being given to the places people work. The places they devote so much time to. What are the food and beverage needs of the individuals who spend their days or nights within your space? For such a small line item in your operational budget (if even at all!), the choices you make regarding work vending machines can make a big impact. It’s an easy way to meet the functional needs regarding food and beverage availability and goes a long way to promote workplace culture.
Reasons Why You Need Vending Machines in Your Office
Americans spend nearly eight hours per day at work according to data, and almost 70 percent of the work they do on an annual basis takes place within their office or work setting. There’s no denying people are back onsite for large portions of their days and professional careers. A healthy vending machine for offices is within reach and provides those individuals with the sustenance they need to power through.
Even in a standard vending machine, you still have options for healthier items even if they aren’t perishable. While cold food machines allow you to feature items like hummus snack packs, hard-boiled eggs, or yogurt, you can still offer your patrons healthier alternatives. If you’re unsure of what to offer, our account team will work with you to decide what to feature. And, if in the future, we need to make adjustments to your service offerings, we can do that with ease. Together. Another aspect of working with Bernick’s that makes your job a little easier.
Additional reasons work vending machines make sense:
- Employee Satisfaction—Give the people what they want (and need!) with vending machine options that offer fresh takes, classic favorites, and ready-to-eat meals for busy shifts.
- The Healthy Alternative—Either skipping meals or being forced to get by with a less-than-ideal choice for lunch or dinner can be avoided altogether when employees have access to onsite options that are smart, healthy choices. It's no secret that today's consumers are continually seeking out healthier alternatives at vending machines.
- Promote Culture—The old adage “gather ‘round the water cooler” was coined for a reason. Eating meals or snacks or sharing a beverage break together does just that: it brings people together. Foster a culture of collaboration by offering the place and the food and beverages to do so within your location.
- Ease + Convenience—This goes for you and your business as well as those who visit the vending machine options you provide. Imagine a system that essentially takes care of itself while meeting the needs of the people you wish to take good care of—your employees. Onsite vending machines are by far the most convenient dining options.
- Low Cost, Low Overhead—Aside from space and electrical/internet access, vending machines for work aren’t an investment. The cost of installation and maintenance is always a Bernick’s responsibility; the cost of procuring healthy, appealing food and beverage options is relatively low for employees and guests looking for ease and fulfillment.
The Best Vending Machines for Work
Vending machines provide opportunities for employees to enjoy a treat, meal, or beverage at work, and while the options have changed over the years for workplace vending, the concept of providing an unmatched service has not. Bernick’s vending program offers consumers simple classic snacks, healthy choices, and handmade, locally prepared full-fledged meals.
In food vending machines, there’s a typical layout we follow. Brand favorites like Snickers, Cheetos, M&M’s, Doritos, etc. have their place in most machines. However, we can mix it up and feature Baked Lays, pretzels, Smartfood Popcorn, and Kind Bars. If you have a health committee or initiative at your company or building, we’ll review the options together, and analyze user feedback. If you don’t have such committees or programs in place but would like to push healthier options, we’ll use promotions on the outside of the machine to gently encourage and highlight better choices at vending time.
What type of vending machine will work best for you?
Classic Cold Vending
Think beverages on demand—but not limited to classic soda brands. Today’s cold vending machines offer soda, soda alternatives, energy drinks, coffee drinks, and can feature premium water offerings to appeal to everyone’s level of thirst.
Classic Snack Vending
From a hearty granola bar to a bag of beloved snack chips, classic snack vending machines round out an office’s contribution to employee and guest tastes. When on the run or in the mood to enjoy a treat, snack vending machines are a crowd-pleaser.
For workplaces that desire an upscale vending offering, micro markets create an opportunity to elevate any office’s break room. A micro market is a self-serve kiosk that features a full menu of beverage and food items that rival fast food and convenience stores. From breakfast items to health-conscious meals to popular coffee brands, a micro market offers it all.
Desire the convenience and offerings of a micro market but not sure the scale makes sense for your workplace? A PICO market (Person in Charge Of) offers that same look and feel of a micro market on a smaller scale. Same great food and beverage offerings in quantities that make sense no matter your operation.
Bernick’s Vending Machine Solutions for Your Workplace
We're proud of our vending team and their dedication to this line of our business. For example, we have a culinary-based service expert who helps us lean into the consumer experience regarding food and beverage based on her years of experience in the industry. Every decision we make is based on the end result: the user. Vending has always been a reliable source of sustenance for people looking for options on the go. We’re not looking to change that basic principle. But we are looking to make that experience different, better, and smarter in the communities we serve.
We say it often and it’s true: vending isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution for everyone. That being said, at Bernick’s we believe we have the customization that does apply to everyone looking for ways to bring snacks and beverages into their locations. If you have a small office with a dozen or so employees you might not have the volume a soda or candy/snack machine offers. On the flip side, if you’re a large company that employs 400 employees you know a standard soda and snack vending machine won’t support the demand your people have like say, a micro market would. That’s what makes us different. Our ability to work with each of our partners to bring the most viable, effective solution to their buildings, companies, and offices.
We simply begin asking those questions right away. What does your business or building look like? How many people come through your doors each day? What does your wishlist look like?