Selecting the perfect soda fountain dispenser for your break room requires careful consideration of your employees' preferences and well-being. Here are some factors to consider before making a decision.
How to Decide Which Breakroom Soda Fountain You Need?
To make an informed decision, consider surveying your employees to gather their preferences regarding beverage choices and features they would like in a soda fountain dispenser. This will help ensure that the selected dispenser meets their expectations and contributes positively to the break room environment. Taking the time to understand your employees' wants and needs will result in a well-received soda fountain dispenser that enhances the overall break room experience.
Take into account the beverage preferences of your employees. A soda fountain dispenser that offers a wide variety of soda flavors, as well as other drink options like iced tea or flavored water, will cater to diverse tastes.
Consider offering healthier drink options, such as diet sodas, low-sugar options, or sparkling water. This allows employees to make more mindful choices and aligns with their health and wellness goals.
Look for a dispenser that allows customization, such as the ability to adjust carbonation levels or add flavored syrups. Customization can enhance the beverage experience and cater to individual preferences.
Size & Capacity
Evaluate the size and capacity of the dispenser based on the number of employees in your workplace. A larger office may require a higher-capacity dispenser to meet demand during peak break times.
Ease of Use & Maintenance
Choose a dispenser that is user-friendly and easy to maintain. Automatic cleaning features and user-friendly interfaces can simplify the maintenance process.
Space & Installation
Consider the available space in your break room and choose a dispenser that fits comfortably without causing congestion. Also, check the installation requirements to ensure compatibility with your break room layout.
Opt for a soda fountain dispenser that is energy-efficient to minimize operating costs and environmental impact.
Research the reputation and reliability of the dispenser brand. Look for reviews and feedback from other businesses that have used the same model to ensure its quality and durability.
Hygiene & Sanitation
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, hygiene and sanitation have become even more critical. Choose a dispenser with touchless or easy-to-clean surfaces to promote cleanliness and reduce the spread of germs.
Consider your budget and weigh the features and benefits of different dispenser options. Choose one that offers the best value for your investment and aligns with the needs and preferences of your employees.
How to Decide the Type of Drinks You Need
Deciding on the types of drinks to offer in an employee break room involves considering the preferences and needs of your employees, as well as practical and budgetary considerations. Ultimately, the goal is to provide a variety of drinks that cater to the diverse preferences of your employees while promoting health and wellness. Regularly assess the beverage selection based on employee feedback and changing preferences to maintain a well-stocked and enjoyable break room experience. An idea includes surveying your employees to gather information about their beverage preferences. Ask about their favorite types of drinks, including soda flavors, sparkling water, iced tea, coffee, and other non-alcoholic beverages.
Ensure that you provide plenty of options for staying hydrated, such as bottled water, flavored water, and electrolyte drinks. Take into account the health and wellness preferences of your employees. Offer a variety of options, including low-sugar or sugar-free electrolyte drinks, and sparkling and/or flavored water, to cater to those who prioritize healthier choices.
Industry studies have told us that 50 percent of the U.S. population drinks some form of coffee each day. That’s 150 million Americans, ages 18 and up. Extending beyond a daily habit, coffee is often perceived as a workplace perk – pun not intended – and those simple additions to your building or office can boost morale. Not to mention boosting alertness, mood, and feelings of comfort. Coffee is often a staple in break rooms. Consider offering various coffee blends, along with creamers, sweeteners, and toppings.
Additionally, provide a selection of teas to cater to employees who prefer tea over coffee. Tea itself is having a bit of a revolution; especially considering its inception is centuries old. Last year, Americans drank 3.6 billion gallons of this "superfood." Tea is versatile and packed with health benefits. Weight loss, heart health, and immunity are all pluses of this beverage, whether drinking it hot or cold.
Drinking soda in 2023 is an experience. While our favorite brands like Pepsi or Mtn Dew are available in soda fountain offerings, there is a craft phenomenon happening with the bubbly beverage too. And, the soda that is being personalized and crafted in smaller batches is available on fountains too. This inclusion offers employees, residents, visitors, or patrons options when it comes to what they pour over the ice in their cups. There is just something special and nostalgic about soda.
Frozen beverage machines are ideal for break rooms with a focus on blended drinks like frozen sodas, iced coffees, or classic slushies. These machines can dispense various frozen beverages, including frozen sodas, frozen lemonades, and frozen cocktails.
After implementing the drink selection, seek feedback from employees to ensure they are satisfied with the choices. Use this feedback to make adjustments as needed.
Should You Use Break Room Soda Machines for Ancillary Revenue?
Using break room soda machines for ancillary revenue can be a viable option for some businesses, but it requires careful consideration and planning. Ancillary revenue refers to additional income generated beyond the primary source of revenue.
Here are some factors to consider before deciding whether to use break room soda machines for ancillary revenue:
- Employee Perception: Consider how your employees might perceive the introduction of vending machines aimed at generating additional revenue. If employees feel that this move is exploitative or negatively impacts their well-being, it could lead to decreased morale and job satisfaction.
- Employee Benefits: If you charge employees for using soda machines, it's essential to consider whether the generated revenue will offset the potential negative effects on employee satisfaction and whether the benefit is significant enough to justify the cost.
- Cost and Profit Analysis: Evaluate the initial investment and ongoing costs associated with installing and maintaining the soda machines. Compare this with the projected revenue to determine if it is financially feasible and profitable in the long run.
- Product Selection: Ensure that the products offered in the soda machines align with employee preferences and expectations. Consider offering a mix of traditional sodas and healthier options to cater to a diverse range of tastes.
- Balance with Other Perks: If you already provide other employee perks, such as free coffee or snacks, consider how the addition of paid soda machines fits into the overall benefits package. Ensure that it complements existing perks rather than creating a sense of "nickel-and-diming" employees.
- Accessibility and Inclusivity: Make sure that the soda machines are accessible to all employees, including those with dietary restrictions or health concerns. Offer a variety of drink options that accommodate different needs.
- Hygiene and Safety: Ensure that the soda machines are regularly cleaned and maintained to uphold hygiene standards and prevent any health concerns.
- Communicate the Purpose: If you decide to implement soda machines for ancillary revenue, be transparent about the reasons behind the decision and communicate the intended benefits to employees.
- Consider Alternatives: If concerns about charging employees for drinks persist, explore other ancillary revenue options that do not directly impact employee benefits or satisfaction, such as offering vending machines to visitors or clients.
Using break room soda machines for ancillary revenue can be a viable option for some businesses, but it requires careful consideration of the potential impact on employee morale and well-being. Before implementing this strategy, conduct a thorough cost-benefit analysis and consider alternative revenue-generating options that align with your company's values and employee expectations.
Bernick's has the Best Soda Fountain Dispenser for Your Break Room
Beverage distributors play a crucial role in helping businesses determine the best soda fountain dispenser for their break room. As experts in the beverage industry, Bernick’s can offer valuable insights, product knowledge, and personalized recommendations based on the specific needs and preferences of each business we partner with.
Here's how Bernick’s can assist in selecting the ideal soda fountain dispenser:
- Needs Assessment: Bernick’s will start by conducting a needs assessment with the business. We will gather information about the number of employees, break room size, beverage preferences, budget constraints, and any specific requirements the business may have.
- Product Selection: Based on the needs assessment, Bernick’s will provide a range of soda fountain dispenser options that align with the business's requirements. They may offer different dispenser models, sizes, and features to choose from.
- Customization Options: Bernick’s can help businesses customize their soda fountain dispenser options to offer a variety of beverages, flavors, and drink sizes that cater to employee preferences.
- Energy Efficiency: We work to highlight energy-efficient dispenser models that reduce operating costs and align with the business's sustainability goals.
- Installation and Maintenance: We handle the installation and setup of the soda fountain dispenser, ensuring it is functioning correctly. Bernick’s also provides maintenance and service plans to keep the dispenser in optimal condition. We provide ongoing support, including restocking beverage supplies, troubleshooting any issues, and offering customer service as needed.
- Cost Analysis: Working with a distributor like Bernick’s can provide cost analysis, comparing different soda fountain dispenser options, and helping the business make an informed decision based on their budget and expected return on investment.
- Brand Reputation: Quality is everything to Bernick’s so that means we recommend soda fountain dispenser brands with a proven track record of reliability, performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Compliance and Health Standards: Beverage distributors will ensure that the selected soda fountain dispenser meets all relevant health and safety standards and complies with regulations.
By leveraging the expertise of beverage distributors like Bernick’s, businesses can make well-informed decisions about the best soda fountain dispenser for your break room needs. We assist in the overall process by guiding businesses through the entire process, from initial assessment to installation, ensuring that the chosen dispenser meets the needs of the employees and enhances the break room experience.